Sunday, May 15, 2005

Okay, every 2 months?

My only excuse is that the combination of:

a) A 5.5 week old bundle of joy who must be watered+fed+grease/oil+stimulated+sleep every 3-3.5 hours;
b) Driving an average of 4.5 hours per day to & from work;
c) Saying yes to weekend speaking engagements (like this morning - once I know how to add Power Point links, they'll go up, I promise);
d) Helping Victoria write contract articles (a gig I had in my desperate contract worker {lame spin-off of Desperate Housewives} days but have since transferred to Victoria);
e) Still trying to do some housework so I can't be accused of being one of the male homo sapiens who doesn't carry my load of domestic duties;

Has caused me to truly join the ranks of the waking dead. Trust me, that glazed eye look new parents have ain't just joy - it's constant sleep deprivation that means you abandon all thought of 6.5-8 hrs of dreamless, battery recharging bliss ever again.

Thus blogging has been relegated to the world of "potentially creative (even enjoyable) activity, but as it only increases my square eyes syndrome (i.e. PC Face-Time), it's dropped down the priority list to be relatively equal to "buy a housepet" (hang on - we got one of those almost 6 weeks ago, didn't we?)

Quick Lydia Summary

1. Eyes are now working together, so tracking feature is engaged;
2. Neck muscles getting stronger by the day: when she's looking at me, I can twist her body and her head is stationary (note to self: complete online application for Baby Exorcist: the REAL beginning;
3. Now smiling big & gummy looks that melt ice-bergs;
4. Has discovered every way for waste products to beat the nappy barrier and require the washing of the complete cot ensemble at least twice a day.

Must dash - she's stirring, and Victoria's hopefully slept an extra hour. Live long & prosper...

4 Comments:

Blogger winstoninabox said...

Glad to see you back.

Post some pictures.

Hi to Victoria.

Love to you three.

May 15, 2005 at 7:50 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

Hello and congratz! Baby Lydia sounds adorable and sinister, as all good babies should be.

I have one question, though - an average of 4.5 commuting time? Where do you work, the moon?

May 17, 2005 at 4:32 PM  
Blogger Nato said...

Will post pictures once:

a) We can get them scanned (i.e. get our scanner connected); and
b) I figure out how to do it.

May 20, 2005 at 5:18 AM  
Blogger Nato said...

We're in newcastle, and work's office is in Sydney - so factor in travel to & from + client visits, and it's up around that number

May 20, 2005 at 5:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home